Tuesday 15 December 2015

SUMMATIVE BRIEF - ADVERT COMPARISON

As part of our overall module grade, we have been set an individual brief to do over the Christmas break based upon brands and retail. The brief is called 'Market Visual Awareness' in which we visually analyse different aspects of the fashion industry.

From our previous trend work that we have done, we have been asked to choose one category to focus on for the whole of this brief. From our research, we had the choice to choose from check, herringbone, fur, the wrap coat or the trench coat. I have chosen to look at fur as the main category as I feel that it is an opened ended option in which I will be able to explore and look into at a further depth.

The brief is split up into three-
1) Brand and Retail Promotion Visual Analysis
2) Visual, Historical and Cultural Analysis
3) Contextual analysis, Idea and Concept

Further to this, each task is then split up into further tasks. The one that I am focussing on first is task 1a, in which I have to compare two adverts from a different market level.

Through research, I have found a variety of examples from a high end market level. I have found for sourcing these images, the best way personally is to search using pinterest, then click on an image example. This takes you to the original source/website which then houses more examples.


A website which I have found particually helpful is:

As it has picked out some of the best current advert campaigns. With such a choice and variety of ads, it made it easy to clearly see which ones included my topic that were still edgy and interesting enough to analyse!

I found finding advertising campaigns at a mass market level to be much more difficult. When searching on Pinterest it was only ever editorials on offer, with the odd advertisement that didn't fit my category of fur. I resulted to doing a simple Google search, and after a while I began to find a couple of examples. Here are the best two that I felt were appropriate for my research:


No comments:

Post a Comment