Friday 4 December 2015

TIME MANAGEMENT

Every Thursday, we have a 45 minute session with Teaching Assistants, who have not long graduated off the FCP course themselves. This allows us current students to be able to relate to them, and talk about any issues we are concerned with, instead of speaking to our course leaders.

The session last week was on time management, as this was a subject that a lot of people felt they needed help with. It can be hard to balance going to uni, doing the work outside of uni both independently and within a group, having a job and then trying to find time to have a life and go home.

Personally, I feel that my time management is fairly good. I can meet deadlines, get the work done and still find time to relax at the end of the day. Although, after work- the end of the day is usually 9pm! But none the less, it's still time.

As with everything, there is always room for improvement. The best way for me to organise myself is to write things down. I always know exactly what I have to do, but when it's wrote down, I know I can't forget. Seeing a list of things to do, and being able to tick them off throughout the day is very satisfying! I used to just do this on a bit of scrap paper, but I have now found an alternative- this 'Daily Journal'. Not only is it beautiful aesthetically, but it is very practical as well!






























Each page is split up into sections. You can add the date yourself, which I find handy, because you aren't restricted. If there is a day where you're doing nothing then leave it out!

It has a notes section, a to do list, a time table and objectives section. There is room for everything. Here are some examples of how I use and fill this out...



























I use pencil on the timetable section to block off the times that I can't do something. Basically the times I have committed to other things like going to uni and going to work. The blank spaces are free time for me to manage and organise myself.

I've decided to not only organise my time better, but prepare better as well. By writing things like a meal plan, it allows you to keep track of what you're eating. This also helps me budget wise. As by writing down everything I eat, I then know what I need to buy instead of buying things I think I need, that only end up being thrown away!

This journal is quite big with lots of pages. It will definitely take me through my first year of uni, if not my second as well.

I hope you enjoyed looking at how I like to organise myself, and how I spend my days!

This is available at Urban Outfitter at £13.50 with student discount!

No comments:

Post a Comment