Friday 1 January 2016

SUMMATIVE BRIEF, HOW'S IT GOING?

With Christmas out of the way, I finally feel like I have a little more time to get on with some work. This Christmas break has been very different to any other. For the past two years I have always worked Christmas Day, but still had a lot of time spare to spend with my family. Whilst being at uni, it is near impossible for me to live without a job. So this year, I had to stay in Nottingham over the Christmas break to work my 'part-time' job. Whilst working practically full time hours, it limited me to only going home for 5 days out of the month off/Christmas period. I have found balancing time at work and still being able to go home challenging whilst trying to keep on top of uni work as well. Something that only practice and time will help me master. So now the pre-Christmas stress is over and post-Christmas sale stress has started, I still have a little bit more time with working a bit less, what a relief!

So, how is the project going?
On a very plus note, nearly all my research is done! I just have one book left to read for Task 2B - 'The Cultural Politics of Fur' by Julia V Emberley, but obviously Amazon takes a little while to deliver, so I'm still waiting on that one to arrive!

I have found researching into the creative concept of fur very exciting. Looking at all you can do with fur is inspirational. Here are a few examples:


Turning a garment into a narrative fairy-tale let visual merchandising display

Using it within interiors as an alternative to a cushion, instead using it as the main focus and feature of a chair. Which creates an element of modernity and style.

Eat it! This person has used icing to create the same texture of fur.

To the other extreme... This is just bizarre. And I have no words.


I have also began to put the images and information onto InDesign. So just Task 2B and the final bit of 3 to go!

P.S. Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment