Saturday 23 January 2016

WHAT I ACTUALLY DID IN NEW YORK CITY - PART 3

You get the gist now... On to days Friday and Saturday!

FRIDAY-
We started the morning late, waking up at 10am instead of 9am. Oops! But we still managed to be up and ready by 10.30am, who said girls take ages?

We headed straight to our favourite, Speedy's of course, before then coming back to then go to FIT to visit 'the Fairy Tale Fashion' and 'Denim' exhibition which opened that day. They both included truly beautiful garments and told an inspiration story about the concept.































After this, we got the Subway and went straight to Central Park. Walking through the Upper East Side, we finally ended up at the Metropolitan Museum of Art! Having the ever famous photo on the steps (Gossip Girl Fan Girl-ing) we finally went inside and had a look around 'the Art of Style' Exhibition. This exhibition really did show a women who had a lot of style. Every garment and outfit shown in the exhibition is tasteful and elegant. Inspiring not only my personal style but also motivating me through the quotes that are spread across the walls.





After a good hour or so, we left to head to Central Park to go ice skating! As I'm no longer 10, fearless or 'ready-to-go', it took me ages to remotely get going on the ice. Resulting in holding onto everyone I could get my hands on, eventually just giving up and getting off the ice! On the plus, at least I didn't fall over!


We then went around trying to find a Michael Kors and the Nike store, before heading to MoMA! This museum/gallery was without a doubt my favourite. The modern art and creativity is just incredible and truly inspiring. I got to see some of my favourite artists work like Picasso and Monet. And even managed to physically view a sculpture which I am including in my Summative Project, Bonus!







We then headed back Downtown for our final meal out in New York! Oddly, we went to Hooters of all places. But was surprisingly good, but still full of men and women in no clothes. I'm not sure what possess people to apply to work there, but as the t-shirt says. it is 'traditionally tacky'!

After a lovely meal, we went back to relax and pack our things!

SATURDAY-
On our final morning we obviously went to our second home in New York - Speedy's for breakfast. After doing so much shopping all week, we decided to spend around 2 hours sat in Starbucks using their free wifi. Very sad I know, but we'd been deprived of wifi all week!! And before we knew it, it was time to get on the coach and head home!

No comments:

Post a Comment