Sunday 18 October 2015

THE ROW

“We’re not reflective, we just keep going,” Mary-Kate Olsen

It doesn't seem five minutes since Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen were on my TV screens and in my favourite children films My Lips Are Sealed and When In Rome. However, 15 years later and sadly no longer on my TV screen; both have grown up, and have been in the fashion industry for 10 years, with their successful label 'The Row' launching in 2007.



Leading on from my previous post of a Wonderland themed narrative, I feel that their Spring 2016 collection represented that fantasy well. With the flowing material reflecting a magical notion to the minimalist colour theme gives an atmosphere of cleanliness.

The Olsen twins have always inspired me style wise from a young age. The familiarity of their style and collections is wearable and distinguishable. This consistent trend behaviour is unique in comparison to bigger luxury brands. This makes it almost comforting to the consumer of the brand, as you can always recycle and reuse, and still be stylish.

Linens, silks and chiffon's in an monochrome palette brings a new classic to spring. The use of 'tone-on-tone' is elegant and sophisticated alongside the subtle textures. Overall, I feel this collection brings an exciting and different outlook to spring trends.
Images: Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment