Wednesday 28 October 2015

TOPSHOP BRONZER IN SALUTE



For a while I have been looking around to find an alternative bronzer for everyday use. As being a student, I feel I can no longer justify or afford to use my favourite luxury bronzer Nars Laguna on a daily basis. As an alternative to this, I have been trying to find something that allows me to save time when doing my early morning makeup routine, and find something that multi-tasks as both a bronzer and a contour. After trying a few, I came across the Topshop bronzer in 'Salute'. 

This shade is very warm in tone. In the packaging it looks almost orange, however when you blend it out onto your skin, you find it is the complete opposite. It is a pigmented product therefore you don't need a lot if you are looking to just add a healthy bronze to the skin. However this is very build-able due to the smooth and creamy texture. By building it up layer by layer, and consistently blending, the product creates a more intense and darker contoured effect, but still looks like a natural hollow due to the matte finish. 

If you are looking to create a more intense look, it is crucial to set your base makeup with a setting powder before applying as it can almost clump together in places where the foundation is still setting resulting in the bronzer looking slightly patchy. However, if your base is set, it applies very evenly and smoothly, lasting all day. Another great thing about this product, is that it doesn't oxide throughout the day. When trying out other low end products, I have found that this has been a problem and never looks the same 2 hours later after application. 

To apply a light dusting all over the face to add warmth, I like using the Mac 187 Stippling Brush. It picks up a small amount allowing you to build your desired coverage. When I want a more intense look, I like to use the Real Techniques Blush Brush, as the slightly tapered end to the brush distributes the product directly where I want it, and then I am able to blend it upwards- creating a natural contoured face.

For £9.00, this is an affordable alternative, which does everything that I want it to. 


Buy the products mentioned by clicking:
Bronzer, Mac 187 Stippling Brush, Real Techniques Blush Brush


No comments:

Post a Comment