Friday 29 April 2016

Packaging Development - The Making

This is the part of this module so far which I have found the most fun to do - developing and making the packaging. At first, we were only going to do a digital model, however, I am not the best at making things looks realistic when on the computer, instead it just looks very cartoon like. So to saves the frustration and hating the work I produced, I decided to physically make the packaging so that we could use it in the studio and take photos-

Here, is my original attempt of packaging which I created on Photoshop:









































Following on from this, I went out and brought two boxes and some patterned card and paper to make the boxes. I started by tracing the net of the box and using super glue to stick it down in place, like so-



Leaving the finished covered boxes looking like this:


It was obvious that the brand logo, product name etc. needed to be on the packaging. At first, I wanted to use gold alphabet stickers to create the name, however, the only ones I found were either too big or the wrong font. Which meant that this idea was not going to work.

After researching some more on Pinterest, I came across two ideas. Either creating a sticker to go on the top, or a band to go around the box:

As a group we opted for the band around the box. The next decision was to decide whether to have it one shape, or have a box almost coming out where our product name and information would be:

Here are some examples of the development of the bands on the computer...


After getting them printed, I then added the lace around the edges of the band, resulting in the final packaging looking like this:






































My next blog post will be the more professional and high quality photos that I took of the packaging, showing it in more detail, so keep your eyes out...

No comments:

Post a Comment